Business Link Research - Enterprise Potential
Business Link Yorkshire engaged Dubit to carry out research into the attitudes and perceptions of 14-25 year olds across Yorkshire & Humber with a view to helping target key groupings and strengthen service delivery. The survey captures the enterprising potential of the region's young people.
Key findings from the research are:
- Young people who have had enterprise education have a higher enterprise potential.
- Enterprise potential of young people still to be fully realised - 6 out of 10 have business ideas they'd like to explore but only 3 out of 10 have ever looked for information or support.
- We can identify young people's enterprise potential on a scale (EPS 1 - EPS 4) and provide appropriate support depending on their personality traits, attitudes to risk, skillsets and confidence.
- Young people see setting up a business as being far riskier, more complicated and involving higher amounts of investment than being self-employed.
- Young people see the top 3 barriers to starting up a business as:
- hard to find money (74%),
- don't know how to start (68%)
- too risky/prefer safe job (51%)
- What young people would like is: online resources aimed at young people; entrepreneur mentors and social networking.
Download Report Capturing the Enterprise Potential of Young People